• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dwarf pencilfish “alto nanay”

MacZ

The price doesn't matter, the tank the OP is asking about is too cold for them.

Andrew H

The price doesn't matter, the tank the OP is asking about is too cold for them.
Thanks, Mac. Are there any pencilfish species that would do well on a cooler tank? I’m trying to keep the temp on the lower side for the borellii.

MacZ

Not really. Nannostomus occur mostly in the equatorial parts of South America, there are none in the more southern, more moderate ranges where you can find A. borellii

Andrew H

Not really. Nannostomus occur mostly in the equatorial parts of South America, there are none in the more southern, more moderate ranges where you can find A. borellii
Thanks, Mac. Any thoughts on a more suitable dither? I could bring the temp up a bit I guess, but prefer to cater to the borellii.

MacZ

Simply put:
If you want to breed, scratch the idea of dithers. Not necessary.
If you just want a display tank, get tetras from the Rio Paraguay or Parána basins.
You can look them up on fishbase.

Andrew H

Simply put:
If you want to breed, scratch the idea of dithers. Not necessary.
If you just want a display tank, get tetras from the Rio Paraguay or Parána basins.
You can look them up on fishbase.
Ladies only - no breeding in this tank. I’ll take a look.

MacZ

I already mentioned genera that are commonly available. The exact species... you might have to look a bit longer, depending on where you live.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….