• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weird behavior between borelli and nannacara

anewbie

I have a community tank (not a breeding tank) that is a heavily planted 40B with male nanncara anomala and 1 m borelli and 2 f borelli (the dithers are kubotai rasbora and guppies).

the weird behavior is whenever my borelli court the nanncara notices and gets between them and then follow them around staying between them. There is no aggression (biting, chasing, ...) he just sort of likes to be between them no matter how they maneuver. I've watched them for as long as 10 minutes and this behavior just sort of continue. At first I thought maybe he was confused by the borelli signals but given that the fishes are so different and he does not actually try to court - he just seems to watch while maintaining a physical position between them. Any clue what is happening?
-
I'm not actively trying to breed the borelli though if they were to breed i would inject some bbs around the frys. There i no female nannacara in the tank - the borelli are newish (6 or so months) and the nannacara i've had for around 3 years. He doesn't really belong in there but i don't have a better place for him.

anewbie

Yea - I should try to take a video of it sometime. It is kind of amusing i guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….