• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

tying down java moss

newworldan06

5 Year Member
To tie down java moss to a coconut shell should I rubber band it around? tie it with a little piece of string? or lift up coconut and put some underneath for it to spread around the coconut?

cootwarm

5 Year Member
I usually use a rubber band. Some people tie it down with a thread. But I lack that kind of coordination, I find that I need 3 hands to do that. The rubber band is easier for me and the rubber band will eventually break by the time the moss has anchored to the shell. Just remove the rubber band after it breaks. Occasionally I need to use a second rubber band if the moss was just loosely attached.

Michael

farm41

5 Year Member
both of those ways work well, an alternate method though, is too just put a bit of java moss under part of the shell, it will become attached in a couple weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodsAquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….