• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Trifasciata Spawn!!

DH247

5 Year Member
WOOHOO!!!! My first spawn! I tried pretty hard last year and nothing. And low and behold, I get these guys not more than 3 weeks ago and I've got 30-40 fry running around!! I cannot believe how tiny they are! I had my suspicions that they had spawned but I could not see any eggs. Just that the female was super territorial. But I wasn't sure as she's not showing the characteristic dot on her sides. Either she has a full solid black stripe or she's completely yellow. Now I'm off to hatch some Nauplii for them! Oh and I will try to get pics shortly!!

Cam

DH247

5 Year Member
Finally got some pics!!

Mum and wee ones.....
female_fry2.JPG

Pops
tri_male.JPG

They were the last pair at a LFS. Apparently they are German bred high-fin reds. All I know is they show great colour now that they're settled in!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….