• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

To All! I am seeking...

dr.fishy

5 Year Member
Hi
I am seeking the following items at present.

Freshwater and Marine Aquarium (FAMA) Magazines:
1978 issues:
February, July

1979 issue:
January

And for the older group:
I know this might be stretching it a bit :eek: (insert laud cufaugh here), but I would like to "acquire" a copy of the old video series with "Paul Speice" in it called the "Aquatic Maestro", and even further back if anyone here remembers it. The "Guppies to Groupers" :eek: :eek: television show with the same persona on the set.

I would gladly pay for the shipping, vid tapes and the like. I know the two shows are out of date but I have an affinity for the older guy stuff right now (probably always will have).

Any takers? email direct if you would like. :wink:
Dr. Fishy

Z Man

5 Year Member
Haha!!!! Those 2 videos go a long way back. I know Paul but haven't seen him in a few years. I have also seen the two shows and .... well just consider how old they are.

dr.fishy

5 Year Member
Yeah they are old like me but then I just keep getting better...he he...
For those still reading this I guess we can skip the July issue of FAMA as it never existed.Period.
And for Z Man I had wrote FAMA a few years ago about the to tv series and they had given me the phone number to talk to Mr. Speice but I never got around to it since about that time I went into the hospital where I lived for a bit of repair of my own. Lost the phone number and so on...

He had mentioned in a FAMA issue at some point that the Aquatic Maestro was still available through 4-H or something like that. and of course the G to G show is just plain gone. You know of how to contact him? Maybe give him an email or something and find outhow to contact the 4-Her's for this video at at least, or just ask if I can chat with him with email.

BTW Do you remember the line from Guppies to Groupers Paul said "You remember everybodies Grandma? About four foot tall and one year younger than GOD". He was such a HAM.
Great stuff.

Lisachromis

Staff member
5 Year Member
Well... We have episodes 1-6 of the Aquatic Maestro. You can't have them! :tongue:

They are a bit dated, but at least in the first 6 episodes, there's a lot of basic info about fish in there that the majority of it is still very valid. We missed out on the last half of the series though. I wish we had the rest to go along with what we have. Sorry can't help too much on the old FAMAS though. We happened to get rid of all the old FAMAS since we didn't like them as much as some of the other mags. It IS possible to have too much stuff! LOL

Good luck finding this stuff.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Many of the new & used aquarium book sellers, like Mike Schadle, sell back issues of FAMA & other magazines. Feb '78 is the rarest of the set. A couple of years ago, at the ACA convention, I donated one of my duplicates to the *****'s Loiselle Fund silent auction. Mike Schadle got it for a $35 bid & told me that he could sell it for twice that amount. I know that I have an extra copy of it, & probably the Jan '79 issue, too but how much are they worth to you??

dr.fishy

5 Year Member
Hi
If you would like to PM me on this you can. But first off What shape are the two in? anything torn or mutilated at ALL?

If in perfect condition I can only pay about $20 a piece. As I just bought 20 78-79 issues for $30 total online two weeks ago I am sure to find the two individual issues fairly cheap eventually. Time is on my side I just want them for nostalgia sake. As the information in them will undoubtedly be outdated for real knowledge.

Let me know if this price will work for you or If you want to hold for a while.

I'm more into getting the old guppie to groupers shows from some back closet book store I have found some very OLD stuff in those places and I can frequent them all to find stuff too.

D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….