• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

STORE - Hanna Instruments meters

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:D

The remaining Combo meter that I had is sold. That means that I need to get more. How many more? :?

We are selling the meter for $130, and I am going to include two of each calibration sachets that are needed. Hanna does not include sachets with the meter, so these are coming out of the store's inventory. Sachets are $1.50 each, so that is a $9 savings there.

I will order THREE combo meters. I only know of one other person asking about getting one. If you want one, PLEASE let me know. With the holiday season upon us, I do not intend to order anything from anyone after next week. If more than three people want them, then I will order more now.

There are two pHep4 meters available for $60. These meters are pH only, have all the other quality features of the combo meter (water proof, 2 point auto calibration, auto temp. compensation, floats, plus more).

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:)

The Hanna Instruments Combo meter (#HI98129 if you want to go look at the web site www.hannainst.com) measures pH, EC, TDS, and temperature. The meter is waterproof, floats, has a replaceable pH electrode cartridge, dual level LCD window, % battery power indication, stability indicator, auto temp. compensation, adjustable TDS ratio (for TDS conversion from EC), automatic calibration (2-point for pH, 1-point for EC) and auto shut-off. There is a discussion over in the South American forum where this meter was discussed at length. We did manage to verify that the TDS is a conversion from the EC reading, and that carbonate hardness cannot be measured by a meter like this type (only using a color change reagent test). The pH meter with the same features and the EC only meter with the same features are a combined cost that is equal to the combo meter (slightly more actually).

Neil

Ted,
That sounds like one good piece of equipment. The benefit to have that many meters in one is obvious, as long as they all function well. It seems your test clearly show that they do. And with the test solutions, that is a deal. How long does one sachet last?
Neil

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:)
A sachet is meant to be single use. Bottles of calibration solution are avialable, but one risks contamination/degradation as soon as the bottle is open. The manufacturer suggests calibrating every 30 tests, but there is a meter in the meter that tells you when it is calibrated. One of the things I did was to burn a few sachets checking for accuracy after 20+ test with the meter still saying that it was calibrated. The readings were within the advertised parameters.

farm41

5 Year Member
I play with mine everyday, I think it is great. I took it to a friends the other day and now he is thinking about getting one. I always had problems with the Ph kits and discerning between 6.8,7.0,7.2. No big deal usually, but in a co2 injected tank I need to know what the co2 levels are and with the Ph readings I can go to the charts. 2ths on the Ph and the co2 levels can go from 18 to 29ppm. The apisto's don't seem bothered at 29, but I don't want to keep them there. The big thing with co2 injection is the Ph swing from lights on to lights off, with the new meter, I check it more and am very surprised on some tanks the fluctuation is less than a tenth and another it is 5 tenths. I'm working on the one with the 5 tenths fluctuation to make it more consistant, and with this new meter it's not a chore anymore for me to check the Ph.

I mostly bought this for EC, but now I'm really glad I got this one and it does it all. I don't see a problem area with it yet.

Neil

Ted and Matt,

I mostly bought this for EC, but now I'm really glad I got this one and it does it all. I don't see a problem area with it yet.

Me neither. Love mine! How nice it is to have several values available to you without much fooling. Seems very accurate.
Neil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….