• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help identify this fish

L

lucieintheskye

I think it is some sort of dwarf cichlid, but I can't find a picture of one just like it to know for sure. Let me know what you think.

gray.jpg

Apistt_ed

hello,

Well, it's not an Apistogramma, Laetacara, or a mikrogeophaus. It looks like what used to be called Cichlasoma Spirulum (blue-eyed cichlid). It's almost like a Convict cichlid and is very polychromatic. There will be some that are a dark black color with little specks of green or a very light color of creme with five to seven brown to black vertical bars. Nowadays they have changed its name to.

That's my guess... I don't believe it's a dwarf though. If it is the fish I believe it is, then it's going to be about 6inches full grown (males) and females smaller than that. It's listed as up to 10inches, but I personally have never seen any that large! well, hope this has helped..

john

Lisachromis

Staff member
5 Year Member
I have a hard time telling these two species apart, but I'm sure it's either Archocentrus septemfasciatum or A. myrnae. I can also tell you that it's a female. The black spot on the dorsal gives it away. :roll:

L

lucieintheskye

I think you are right on with the Archocentrus myrnae. I've looked up all the fish people have suggested to me, and this is the first one I have found that looks exactly like my fish. Thank you, Lisa, for figuring it out! Thanks to you too, John, for helping! I really appreciate it!

Randall

5 Year Member
Archocentrus myrnae

For what it's worth, the fish looks exactly like my Archocentrus myrnae. Lisa got it!

Good luck!

Randall Kohn

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carsonbd

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(