• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Visit to Fishchick Aquatics (Fishshop in AUSTRALIA)

discus_noob

Hi guys,

I know you all in other countries have a much better selection with Apistogrammas than us here in Australia. We are far less fortunate however we make do with what we have. We also have limited shops that sell quality products and quality fish. One of the only ones in SE QLD in Australia is Fishchick Aquatics. Their range of apistogrammas (wild caught and euro or german bred), corydoras (wild caught and everything else), pencilfish, bettas, and other random dwarf species are to die for.

I thought I would share some pictures from a visit I had a while back.

Hi guys,

I went to hound Ryan (Japes) again today and bought some interesting pieces of melaleuca and also a nice main structure of mangrove which I cannot wait to get them in the tank.

I was also finding out a nice schooling fish for my nano which I found.

These were some of the pictures after Ryan fixed up my camera for me (I am a total noob at cameras however would like to get more into photography of my tanks and fish). There are lots of water markings on the tanks that I did not clean off when taking the pictures as was too busy chatting away and finding out information instead. And there is lots of background light as you can see in the pictures as there are tanks everywhere haha which make taking pictures hard for a beginner like myself. It also does not help some of the tanks are very tannined and therefore lighting isnt as bright. I love going to fishchicks and exploring around, no matter how many times you go there you do not get bored and still find cool stuff you did not see before.

These pictures are nothing flash so please be kind :)

Photogenic angels
IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2418.jpg

IMG_2419.jpg

IMG_2420.jpg

IMG_2422.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2431.jpg

IMG_2432.jpg

IMG_2438.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg

IMG_2452.jpg

IMG_2457.jpg

IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2473.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2482.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2492.jpg

Thanks,

Adam

BluePlanetGirl

What are you talking about? The pics are great! I would LOOOOOOOVE to go have a look but alas! I am in the wrong state :( I'm from NSW but have emailed Jodi to see if I can get some Apistos sent down to me, but she seems hard to get a hold of!
I have heard only wonderful things about her and her fish! Just wish I lived closer!!!!!!!

henkh

5 Year Member
Very nice pics and very nice fish. Looks very good to me. Unfortunately i probably never will visit the store, living in the Netherlands :)

steve1572

I visited the store in April when I was in Brisbane visiting my mother regani from the forum kindly took me there and I must say I was very impressed
One thing I will say is people in Australia say they don't have the selection of Apistogramma that other country's get but in my opinion they have more choice than in the uk I saw fish in two shops when I was there and all the strains we get were on sale plus strains we just don't see or very rarely if we do
If I ever get around to emigrating from the UK I have no worries about filling my tanks
I think your luckier than you think
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Mongbean

This is my go to store for everything. the owner is very helpful and their fish/plant/product range is brilliant. In regards to stores this one can at times rival Pet City in mount gravatt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….