• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Making Water?

Kazarak

I have a pair of Apistogramma Baenschi currently and I am using local tap water that runs at about a TDS of 185 and PH of 7.6. I want to start decreasing TDS and PH for them but I am trying to figure out the best way to do that.

I see two options:

Start cutting my water changes with RO/DI water to get the TDS under 100 making the PH more flexible and using organics to lower PH. The problem I have with doing this is my tap water comes out very high in phosphates which makes battling algae a pain in the butt. That's option one.

Another option would be re-mineralizing RO/DI water up to a TDS of ~80 and use lower PH with with organics. I know there are products out there for re-mineralizing water for shrimp but I don't know of any for this purpose or which one I should use.

I admittedly am still fairly new to this and don't understand all of the factors that go into this process. Any help you all could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….