• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

indian almond leaves

K

karl

hi has any one used indian almond leaves before i keep discus and dwarf cichlids so i tried the leaves to see if they lower the ph well the do but they are expensive , so i tried beeach leaves to lower the ph in my dwarf beeding tanks works fine gives the water a nice tea color and the fish breed regular any one used beeach leaves .

K

karl

i get mine from a tree down the garden i collect enough store them in a net bagand hang the up in the garage until i need them soak in a rain but for a week to soften them up looking for some dwarfs any good sites in the uk im from south wales

Griz

5 Year Member
I'm planning to try beech leaves this year. I used red oak last year and they worked nicely. I used the smallest ones I could find. I'm fortunate to be in a wooded rural area where I can gather them as I need them. They're everywhere around me and the oak and beech will hold many of their leaves right through til spring, so I can pick 'em fresh. ;) I suppose I could get them all year but for some reason I seemed to tire of them by summertime. But autumn has arrived, time for leaves again! Does anybody use anything other than oak & beech?

blueblue

5 Year Member
karl said:
hi has any one used indian almond leaves before i keep discus and dwarf cichlids so i tried the leaves to see if they lower the ph well the do but they are expensive , so i tried beeach leaves to lower the ph in my dwarf beeding tanks works fine gives the water a nice tea color and the fish breed regular any one used beeach leaves .

I extensively use leaves of Indian Almond (Terminalia catappa Linn)
in my apisto tanks. The effect is very significant with which the
fish will spawn more easily and it is especially effective for those
species which is notorious for the difficulty in breeding, such as
A. Dip. and A. Eliza ^.^

E

Eddie Lee

I saw there was selling it in Duistburg,Germany(9/30~10/3).
12844449.jpg

I feel it is more important is it only could used for tropical fish water condition when the leaves dry and fall natually. Don't use green one or yellow one.
This is my experience.

harnsheng

5 Year Member
in malaysia....indian almond are free of charge! i can get it just beside my house!! we use it a lot especially for betta!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….