• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID on wild apistogramma

J

Juliana Bug

Hi...

I'm trying to identify this fish I've bought in my LFS, and I don´t really know if it is eitcher an A. breitbinden or and A. gibbiceps. Or maybe it is just a thrird species... I am not an apistogramma expert, anyway.

Could you guys help me?

males that i've bought
Pic_2247_5.jpg

Pic_2247_6.jpg

the ones in the LFS´s tank
Pic_2247_7.jpg

Pic_2247_8.jpg

I know a female pic would be nice, but I still couldn't take a nice one. These one above aren't great either, I'm an ordinary photographer...

Thanks for any help,
Juliana

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
You might have 2 different species here. The bottom 2 photos definitely are of A. gibbiceps. The first 2 photos, however, show either very very old gibbiceps or something else. If they are geriatric gibbiceps they would probably be close to 4"/10 cm long. If they are not gibbiceps, they might be a brevis-group species closely related to A. personata! I will need to see close-ups of the head & tail to be sure.

J

Juliana Bug

Hi,
Thanks for the answers so far.

These are two pics of the same male from the first and second pictures of my previous post.

Unfortunately it died today.

Anyways, does this pictures help to figure out what species it was?

Pic_2247_9.jpg

Pic_2247_10.jpg

I still have one male and three females alive... I´ll do my best to take a pic of them.

Thanks,
Juliana

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….