• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi I'm Nedy from Wichita, KS USA

Nedy

I have kept fish (almost always some type of cichlid) since the 1960's but am still a complete novice when it comes to breeding and rearing the young.
I picked up a trio of Apistogramma Caucatoides about 2 weeks ago at my LFS and set them up in a Sterilite 16 gal tub in the basement under florescent lights. The tub housed some of my pond plants over the winter and must be a pretty comfortable place for them because they have already spawned. I haven't seen the fry venture out yet - but based on my very limited experience with this species about 5 years ago, I'm pretty sure the one female has spawned under a little flap of black material extending above the lip of a potted water plant. The material folded over to make what she must have thought was 'the perfect cave'; even though I had many little broken clay pot caves in the habitat as well as oak leaves and, of course the upright pots of pond plants. Love this forum -- very informative. I hope I'll raise some babies. BTW, I couldn't believe how expensive these little cichlids have gotten.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….