• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi from Great Neck on the beautiful north shore of Long Island

Jules A Birnbaum

Glad to join the group.I have a fish room with 25 tanks,TV,ref rig. and phone.
Life is good.
I'm a generalist in the hobby over 60 years and never saw a fish I did not like. I Have maintained a colony of cacatuoides triple reds.
Club auctions and friends took most and the breeding pairs got old. I'm now looking for agassizi fire reds or orange as my next challenge. Most of my heavily planted tanks house small cichlids and C.A.R.E.S. listed live bearers. there are plenty of cory and ansistrus to clean up.

Glad to join the group.I have a fish room with 25 tanks,TV,ref rig. and phone.
Life is good.
I'm a generalist in the hobby over 60 years and never saw a fish I did not like. I Have maintained a colony of cacatuoides triple reds.
Club auctions and friends took most and the breeding pairs got old. I'm now looking for agassizi fire reds or orange as my next challenge. Most of my heavily planted tanks house small cichlids and C.A.R.E.S. listed live bearers. there are plenty of cory and ansistrus to clean up.
What types of CARES species do you keep?

Jules A Birnbaum

I keep Ameca splendens ,Ilyodon whitei and Skiffia multipunctata.
I think these three are on th CARES list. I also have a cichlid on the list,the Tilapia snyderae.
Agazzi fire reds were just acquired from David Soares so I do maintain apistos.

Sounds great!
So far I had Characodon lateralis, Ataeniubios toweri, Zoogenitcus tequila,
and now will be getting Neotoca(Skiffia) bilineata, and Ameca splendens, and would love to get L. lennoni as well.
All these goodeids are on the CARES list & one is exstint. I feel lucy to have all of these in my home and hope to keep them going and share them with my fish club here in future months.
The first one and the third ones I no longer keep.
As for dwarf cichlids I have A. pebas, A. sp steele blue (a man made Apisto supposibly) and Laeatacara araguaiae.
What a hobby to retire on, some folks of your age bracket would be sitting on the couch feeling sorry for themselves....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….