• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi from down under

Mark C

Hi everybody ,
I was a forum member quite a few years ago ,then I had marine tank for a few years ,but have now come back to FW .I have a 100 gallon planted tank with macmasteri and agassizii both which have had lots of fry but only two have survived ,this is because i have tiger plecos , tetras and corys in there to . I also have two 25 gallon tanks going one is a breeding tank with what i hope is viejita with a pair and about 30 fry ,the other will hold fry for a while .I also would like a couple more tanks to house a few more South American dwarf cichlids if i can get them here in Australia which isnt easy .

Cheers Mark

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Welcome back, Mark. I imagine you know that 99% of all "A. viejita" in the hobby (everywhere in the world) are not true A. viejita, but a colorful domestic form of A. macmasteri.

Mark C

Yes Mike i do know there hard to come across .I will post a few pics in the id section so i can know for sure .Im also waiting for fry from a breeder ,he has told me he has proper viejita so hopefully i have some or can get a hold of some to breed .
im also looking into getting some Apistogramma bitaeniata and Dicrossus filamentosus .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….