• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with treating dropsy

fyrefish

Member
Messages
54
Hi,
Unfortunately, my male apistogramma panduro has gotten dropsy, and I was looking for tips to treating him. Unfortunately, there is very little dropsy medication available in Australia, so I am using melafix. He has been in a qt tank for about a day with a bit of epsom salt. I got the melafix today and have added one dose. I will do a water change and add more medication and salt tomorrow. He isn't really eating, other than a bit of crushed pellets. I heard fresh food is good for fish with dropsy, and will encourage them to eat. What food should I feed him? I know there are frozen bloodworms I can get, but are there any better foods that will be more nutritious? Any other tips for dropsy treatment would be appreciated. I know dwarf cichlids rarely survive dropsy, but I think I caught it early and he is still swimming around and retains colour, which are good signs.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
18,792
Messages
125,190
Members
13,675
Latest member
Phap

Latest profile posts

Re-designing and starting a new fish room all over again. This time we'll have many more Apistsogramma species. We are expanding.
dimandobson wrote on Arnold's profile.
hi
dimandobson wrote on Ben Bergman's profile.
Hi Bergman. I have a pair of breeding dwarf cichlid for sale. if you are still looking, drop me your whatsapp number and i will send some videos to your whatsapp
martin_c wrote on illumnae's profile.
Hi,

just in case you happen to live in Germany (or Netherlands): I have a wildcaught female A. psammophila, you could have it for free. I have no use for it anymore.

BR
Martin
Top