• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from the Midwest :D

TheMADsapper

I'm a guy, who likes gaming (BF3, CoD4, Dark Souls, etc on PS3), gardening (im obsessed with plant biology and nutrient uptake), and Aquariums, Fish, and natural biotopes. I'm not sure what else exactly to post here, but i'll start by saying i'm relatively new to the ENTIRE hobby of planted tanks, and dwarf cichlids, but I have kept a low tech planted 4 gallon in my window, with a self sustaining gambusia population. I'm 17 now, and that was 5 years ago. I've been researching ever since, almost obsessively. I've moved on to a 20 high recently which is cycling with river sand, very small amount of river silt, plus 2 gallons of river water, a crypt (yes I realize I shouldn't have been so eager so early, but its doing well! :)...well I have about 6 GWC minnows cycling, (week 3 1/2 now) and to show if I introduced any disease thru natural cycling materials. I also have a five gallon hex cycling for my future quarantine/ fry tank, (maybe...). I live with my mom currently, and am at home alot, so I have plenty of time for this stuff :D I plan on a semi natural biotope, with 100% live plants (going to try and stay as accurate as possible on regions), possibly micro invertebrates, light tea stained water, driftwood (spindly sticks/roots, no large chunks :p ), sand (currently black [mom], but after seeing how easily food showed on it, HAHA, she caved and said lets go natural... and maybe oak/ketapang, and peat for filters, if I can get some, and if mom will agree. Basically the main reason I'm joining is for the great advice I've seen on google searches, and for unanswered google searches :D so any questions, comments, angry yells to stop ranting? again, hey everyone!
-Aqua
P.S, just saw the emoticon smileys....NOOO, not again smileys! NOT THIS TIME!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….