• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello everyone from Dorset, England.

Apisto72

Hi, just got back into keeping fish after about 20yrs and decided to concentrate on keeping and breeding apistogrammas. I have got 12 breeding tanks and one stock tank with about 12 species of apistos at the moment. Things are going well and I have just had my first breeding success, with Black Chinned apistos, so I am really happy with this. I have a huge amount to learn about apistogrammas and I am looking forward to the challenge.I'm sure joining this forum is going to be of great help and I look forard to speaking with people with far more knowledge about these great fish than me. Thanks Alan.

DBlauj

I am from the U.S. quiet a ways from where your located lol. As for which species I have or had it hasn't been to many yet. My first ever Apistos were a harem of Cacatuoides Orange Flash that's what set off my love for these little guys. I have had Agassizii double reds, Alacrinas, Baenschi and I currently have a wild pair of Macmasteri and sp. Tefe that I got from Jeff @ Aquaticclarity, really awesome fishes.

ApistoBen

Hi Alan.

Just thought I'd say hi, as I'm along the coast from you near Brighton.

It will be interesting to share info on what is working and what projects were undertaking! I currently have 3 tanks that I'm using to try and breed apistos. I've had success so far with A. Cacs orange flash and have very recently moved on to Panduros and Nijssenis.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi and welcome, even though I think I am newer to this forum than you :p

Apisto72

Hi Alan.

Just thought I'd say hi, as I'm along the coast from you near Brighton.

It will be interesting to share info on what is working and what projects were undertaking! I currently have 3 tanks that I'm using to try and breed apistos. I've had success so far with A. Cacs orange flash and have very recently moved on to Panduros and Nijssenis.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi and welcome, even though I think I am newer to this forum than you :p

Apisto72

Hello Ben nice of you to contact me. Just to let you know what I am doing with apistos at the moment. I have 12 x 2ft breeding tanks with breeding pairs or young in them plus a 4ft stock tank. I have about 12 different species of Apistos and bred from 5 so far. This year I hope to add another 12 breeding tanks. I know space becomes a problem when you are trying to house the young but it's a nice problem to have as you know you are being successful. I'm very lucky as my son has left home and my very understanding wife has let me use the spare room as my fish room. It's great. God help him if he want's to come back. Anyway must go and feed them now. Please don't hesitate to contact me anytime if you want any advice or even if you just want a chat about the fish, although I'm only self taught and learnt by trial and error. If I can help I'm only to pleased to. Kind regards, Alan.

Apisto72

Hello Ben nice of you to contact me. Just to let you know what I am doing with apistos at the moment. I have 12 x 2ft breeding tanks with breeding pairs or young in them plus a 4ft stock tank. I have about 12 different species of Apistos and bred from 5 so far. This year I hope to add another 12 breeding tanks. I know space becomes a problem when you are trying to house the young but it's a nice problem to have as you know you are being successful. I'm very lucky as my son has left home and my very understanding wife has let me use the spare room as my fish room. It's great. God help him if he want's to come back. Anyway must go and feed them now. Please don't hesitate to contact me anytime if you want any advice or even if you just want a chat about the fish, although I'm only self taught and learnt by trial and error. If I can help I'm only to pleased to. Kind regards, Alan.

ApistoBen

Wow, it sounds like you have the ideal set up! If it weren't for funding issues I think I would be the same. When me and my partner move into a larger flat I plan on getting a 6x2x2 to house all of my fish, and will probably keep my smaller tanks as breeders.
What sort of a set up are you using in your 2ft tanks? And what 12 species are you currently playing with? :p
I'd love to see some photos!

Also, I ought to mention I am having some problems identifying some apistos, they're either Panduro or nijsseni I believe. If you're any good at identifying these species, feel free to have a look!
The link is http://www.apistogramma.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-nijsseni-or-panduro.14633/#post-76723
Thanks for getting back to me, hopefully we can share our experiences and learn from each other! although it sounds as though youre miles ahead of me haha.
Kind Regards, AB

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….