• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gymnogeophagus caaguazuensis

Bart Hazes

Two weeks ago I got a pair of Gymnogeophagus caaguazuensis one of the smaller members of the genus with males maxing out at 4" SL. They spawned two days ago and I wrote a blog with images about the experience. I hope the eggs will hatch later today or tomorrow. The blog is at http://biodives.com/blog/?p=265

Attachments

• caagua-pair3.jpeg
    caagua-pair3.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 476

Bart Hazes

Thanks. Unfortunately, after a few days of fasting while holding the fry the female started eating again and the fry either died or got eaten. I also think that the number of eggs that hatched was probably 20% or less of the ones that were laid. So both the parents and I have to get better at this but I have good hopes they will spawn again.
As of yesterday I now also have a pair of Burjurquina sp. 'Tochache' (I expect them to be B. huallagae). Again the female is showing herself, feeding and being curious while the male is shy ad antsy.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….