• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greetings

ThorinOakenshield

Hello,

My name is Joe, but the spam filter automatically rejected "joe" so I guess I'm now Thorin the Dwarf King!
You can all call me Joe, or a lot of my friends call me JT. I'm uncertain how many fish forums that I belong to now, but I can tell you this... I'm really excited to be here! I have been keeping aquarium fish since age ten, and I've been breeding mouthbrooder cichlid's for longer than I can remember. I suffer from MTS, (Multiple Tank Syndrome) and many times I have seriously considered building the "fish room" because of my desire to keep, breed, and house more fish species. A couple of years ago I ventured into breeding Tanganikan shell dwellers and had too quickly get that out of my system LOL! I felt the need to breed a couple different species, I did so, and now I'm moving on. I've had the interest for some time now to start breeding dwarf cichlids, primarily Apistogramma. Am I in the right place?

I don't see myself getting bored with keeping and trying to breed Apistogramma. I really enjoy all the different colors and variations there are of Apisto. The way this male iniridae started strutting around and showing off for some newly added females instantly today, was enough for me to sit down, do more research, and join this Apisto forum! I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone, and I can't wait to tap into some of the knowledge of the breeders here.

Joe

Reactions: Tph

baby chaos

Hey :) Welcome. That old saying ladies first applies w our lil apisto pals. No reproach intended but given the mts (;)) figured u might find it useful - took me a wee while to stumble across that nugget somewhere amidst this minefield of wonders. Unlike u, lucky Joe, I've only the one main tank so I somewhat latterly gave daddy cac (A. Cacatuoides) a mini-break in one of the wee backups - or should that be his harem who got the holiday from his attentions?!- and threw in another handful of almond leaves n extra caves to change territorial boundaries for his return to the girls. Occasionally one of the females is left homeless so giving them time out from male distraction chills them out n helps sort the issue, and of course moving things about a bit. The difficulty is timing it between breeding coz I don't like disturbing them then. Happy Apisto keeping :) emily (baby chaos was my first corydoras sodalis-had her for 7 years! Rest of her crew died out well b4 then so she was special n definitely knew who she was getting her next meal from!)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….