• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greetings from Manchester

Mol_PMB

Hi!

I'm new to the forum, been keeping tropical fish for about six months and have already fallen victim to multiple tank syndrome. My water here in the North-West of the UK is ideal for for South American fish, with a slightly acidic pH and virtually no hardness at all. I did a fishless cycle with Ammonia on all 3 tanks and they're progressing well.

Currently I have no Apistogrammas (what am I doing here?), but I do have a Bolivian Ram in one tank, and two Dicrossus filamentosus in another. I have a question to ask about them but I'll try to find the right place to post that.
I also have two shoals of rummy-nose tetra (different types), two shoals of cory and two small plecos.

Best Regards,

Paul Molyneux-Berry (Mol_PMB)
:)

UnicornsvstheWorld

Welcome! You are very lucky to live in a soft water area, down south we have hard water and it is really annoying (concidering getting a RO system machine thingy)
Bolivian Rams are lovely, actually all Ram's are. I used to have two German blue rams and a pair of Golden rams.

Have an amazing time and good luck with your question.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you've joined our community!
Can't wait to see how your tanks get set up and filled with fish :)

Mol_PMB

Thanks for the welcome :)

I love my Bolivian Ram too, he is named Tiwanaku and here's a pic of him with some of his tank-mates in Tank 1:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 261

Mol_PMB

I should probably work out how to put this in my signature, but these are the contents of my 3 tanks:

T1 165L planted:
13 H. Bleheri Rummies
6 Cory trilineatus
Bolivian ram 'Tiwanaku'
L128 Blue Phantom 'Orinoco'

T2 40L hospital/quarantine:
6 Cory Melini

T3 120L blackwater Rio Negro biotope:
L244 Yellow Seam 'Yanomami'
5 P. Georgiae Rummies
10 Marble Hatchetfish
2 Dicrossus filamentosus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….