• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Getting ready to set up a tank...

ginnie5

5 Year Member
Heavily planted of course :D . I want to keep dwarf cichlids in it. I have really low ph. I get a reading of 5.0 with the test kit I have. Not sure about gh or kh but I'm assuming they are low as well. I have well water. Am I going to have a problem with the ph being too low? A tank without plants is just not worth having to me or even worse the plastic kind. What about co2? I used to use a homemade DIY one but that was with different water. Thanks for any suggestions.

farm41

5 Year Member
Hi ginnie5,

I think south american dwarf cichlid's are the best thing going in a planted tank. I'm sure you will find something you will be happy with.

Try checking your Ph after it has been aerated for an hour or so, or leave it in a glass over night and then test it. It sounds too low. Knowing the Kh is a must before a decision is made about using co2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….