• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

cpl of my apisto's

planted

5 Year Member
just joined the site and thought id'e show a cpl of my fish
to test out the pic posting on here ?

ApMac219-06-09.jpg

ApAgassizii19-6-09.jpg

Panduro21-4-09.jpg

ApCac19-06-09.jpg

dw1305

5 Year Member
Lovely photos

Hi all,
Hi Planted, welcome to the forum. Your fish look really healthy, great colour and really good fin development.

Can you post some details about your tanks? water parameters, feeding etc.

cheers Darrel

planted

5 Year Member
Hi Darrel
thx for the welcome.
the tank there in is a aquaone 120 grand "approx 260ltrs" pretty heavily planted.
i have way too many species of apistos in the one tank, both pairs and singles fishes.
params are, pH around 6 "fluctuates a little as running Co2 24/7"
gH around 6-8 last time i checked
kH around 6 last i checked
ammonia and nitrites 0
nitrates around 10-15ppm
usually add geo liquid at water changes or blackwater/peat extract.
water changing water is direct from the tap, but aged for 3 days and prime added to the water barrel. and bought up to tank temp.
"Adelaide water is very hard direct from the tap"

foods fed are :
live brine 2-3 times a week, Spectrum thera A+, Spectrum grow, frozen brine with spirilina, and quite a few different varieties of "quality" flake foods.

planted

5 Year Member
sorry deleted all the new pics i posted in this section as per the rules
all my images are over 400x 400 so looks like posting images are out for me :(

Drammy

5 Year Member
Hi Planted,

I just wanted to say - beautiful fish and excellent photos!

Apologies if you already know this - assuming your using Windows XP... There is a windows powertool that allows you to right click a photo and resize it (advanced > custom - allows you to specify the size). This should enable you to upload pics at 400px.

Grab it here

Cheers,
Drammy

planted

5 Year Member
Thanks Drammy :wink:

i usually use photoshop cs4 to re-size, but usually re-size to 1024 x 768 or there about as all the other forums i visit it isn't a problem. all my pics are uploaded to photobucket at that size and is too much of a hassle to upload a smaller size and change my photobucket settings and have to upload a second set just so i can post the pics on this site.

it's a shame as i really wanted to show some of my other apistos and German rams etc to see what you guys thought of the quality ?

Drammy

5 Year Member
What rules are you actually referring too?

The photo sections of this site says to upload pics to photobucket and then use the IMG tags to present the pics in posts (just like you've done). Why can't you do that again?

stretch

5 Year Member
love yor fish

hey there i myself live in the crappy town of adelaide and love the battle with constant water testing. would love to know where you sorce your fish from, i can't find any. at the moment i'm down to one male dble red caccatoides. hope to see some more pics of your tank

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewShNN

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….