• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cleithracara maronii info

scott

5 Year Member
i just got a pair of keyholes at my clubs yearly auction. i've never kept them before so i don't know much about there spawning behaviors (cavity spawner, substrate spawner, ??) currently i have them in a 29g with the ph at 6.2 and no detectable kh/gh. there are also a dozen harlequin rasboras for dithers. any information on this species would help me out alot. i can't find anything about them in romer's book. the extensions on the male are incredible. dorsal and anal go almost 2 inches passed the caudal!! i'll try to post some pics once they get settled

S

synchiropus

The breeding habits of the keyhole cichlid (Cleithracara maronii) are just like the more common convict cichlid [Herichthys(archocentrus) nigrofasciatus. These are the easiest fish to breed so you should have no problem with the keyholes. The keyholes require 72-77 degrees,pH 6.4-6.8, spawn at about 3 inches. They will lay about 100-300 eggs on a flat surface. They both care for the fry and are good parents. Fry hatch at 3-5 days free swimming 3-4 days later. Feed young rotifers or other small foods.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….