• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

camallanus worms

mordor

5 Year Member
I tried almost everything available in fishstores without success. I even tried cat wormer Erliworm :) I went to a vet to get prescription for Panacur but when I calculated that it would be more expensive than my fishes I gave up. Finally I found on some Discus group that there is medication available without prescription: Discomed. It contains levamisole. Dosage was quite experimental, I soaked frosen food in it and used it as the only food for 10 days. Then I got a week break and another 10 days. It looks that none of my fish got symptoms anymore.

aspen

5 Year Member
panacur is cheap. i bought some from a fellow hobbiest for 1 dollar can (.65 u.s.) per gram. 3.4 gram = 1 tsp. 1/8 tsp per 84 grams of beefheart, will treat 24 adult discus.

the expensive part was the vet's prescription. find a cheaper source for your meds, and you will be more able to use them when you need them.

rick

heslipst

5 Year Member
finally!!!

The worms are dead!!!!!! After ridiculous struggles with these nematodes, and trying just about everything, it was fluke tabs that did the trick. I experienced no stress on plants (that I could see) like many were suggesting.

Everyone is happy again back in the main tank... and funny, it looks like my agassizi and cacatuoides even bonded through the experience...?

Thank you for your input everyone.... this was just one big learning experience.

-Steve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….