• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma staecki or cf.staecki

blurami

Hello to all:)

I need your lights to identify clearly my last species which I acquired.
For me it's A. cf.staecki but friends say to me that it's apparently A staecki. I'm lost...:D
I join you some photos.

Thank you for your help ;)
P1010037.JPG
P1010038.JPG
P1010177.JPG
P1010176.JPG
P1010026.JPG
P1010031.JPG
P1010310.JPG
P1010369.JPG
P1010370.JPG
P1010037.JPG

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
You'll notice that in that post I described the primary difference between A. staecki and A. cf. staecki (Guaporé), but I didn't actually give an opinion about the fish pictured in the post. The reason was that the photos didn't show features needed to identify the species.

blurami

Thank you very much for your lights Mike ;)

Indeed I had not well understood your remark on the thread put in link, sorry :oops:
But between my pretty poor level in English and the translators of the net :rolleyes:
Thus at the moment I stay on A.staecki ;)

Once again thank you a lot :)

Ekona

5 Year Member
Blurami, really pretty fish! Thanks for sharing them, and good luck keeping them :) Just curious, are you living in the US and do you mind sharing from what source you got your fish? I'm wondering if yours and mine came from the same source, if so it might suggest they are the same form?

blurami

Hi Ekona

Thanks for your comments :)

No I didn't live in United States but in France ;)
I had them via Challet Herault, who's a French wholesaler, who works with Glaser a lot. I believe moreover that mine come to the base from there low.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….