• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma sp 'veilfleck' spawning.

ste12000

5 Year Member
Hi all, a group of these fish were imported from Brazil by a Uk shop as A.assuruni.. Myself and plenty of BCA members were very interested to see exactly what they were although we were expecting A.sp 'veilfleck'.. They were this species and myself and several other BCA members bought pairs for breeding. We all felt that this was essential due to the large Belo monte dam project that could well make this species a thing of the past in the not too distant future!

Members have been posting regular updates on the BCA forum and many have already bred this fish, i was definately one of the last to do so and i was very pleased to finally get my first batch of fry today!

Enjoy the pictures!!

Dad.
DSCF1114.jpg

Mum and fry 10 minutes out of the cave!
DSCF1889.jpg

Mum with newly freeswimming fry!
DSCF1919.jpg

DSCF1916.jpg

DSCF1906.jpg

DSCF1900.jpg

Apistomaster

5 Year Member
Nice sized brood.
I miss out on the Apistogramma brood care too often. Many pairs I get turn out to be egg eaters no matter the size of the tank or how it is furnished that I try. Some seem so easy and some aren't. It's always the ones I want the most that play hard to propagate.

ste12000

5 Year Member
Just a small update. The fry have just been moved to a larger growing on tank and i thought id share a few pics, lovely fish and im really enjoying these ones..

DSCF6112.jpg

DSCF6185-1.jpg

ste12000

5 Year Member
Thanks Hapaluku, these are a real favourite of mine and hopefully a long term project. The only problem is the large size of the broods, she has just brought out her second spawn and again this one is well over 150 fry!! i dont like culling good fish so it looks like these will be taking up a lot of tankspace in the fishroom :)

Freeswimming today.
DSCF6277-1.jpg

DSCF6276.jpg

I love the male, hes matured into a stunning and colourful fish.
DSCF6304.jpg

DaRe

5 Year Member
I can't believe how many species you have managed to get free swimming fry from, you must have some magic going on! Well done.

ste12000

5 Year Member
I can't believe how many species you have managed to get free swimming fry from, you must have some magic going on! Well done.

Im getting close to 200 species spawned now.. Id say i had mastered less than a quarter of them!!!

In the earlier days i averaged around 15 species a week spawned, id spawn something new and move something else into its place almost straight away, i now average around 2-3 new species per week but do spend far longer per species to try to learn a little more. This weeks new species(for me) include neon tetras, Hyphessobrycon sp 'Peru blue' and Apistogramma sp 'Masken'

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….