• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma sp 'Breitbinden'

a.d.wood

5 Year Member
Hi folks,

As mentioned in an earlier thread on here, I managed to pick up a pair of Ap. sp. Breitbinden as contaminants in a tank of Ap. iniridae that had been imported from Colombia.

Female has been cagey for the last week or so and nice piles of sand had been dug out from under the bog wood in the tank. Today she brought the brood out for the first time:

Male
breitbinden_breeding_male_001.jpg

Female with fry

breitbinden_breeding_female_001.jpg

Poor pick of the female with the fry, but she insisted on keeping the fry at the back of the tank while I was in with the camera, probably about 50 fry in total.

Andrew

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….