• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma ID, help

jeonghun

5 Year Member
I bought apistogramma that was imported from Colombia.
I wonder what kind it is.

Apistogramma uaupesi
Apistogramma sp segelflossen
Apistogramma lineata
20201125_123132.jpg
20201125_122939.jpg
20201125_122912.jpg
20201125_122745.jpg
20201125_122623.jpg
20201125_122528.jpg

Thanks.

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
It certainly looks like one of the D12 forms:

Unbenannt.png

Based on your photos, my guess would be that it's one of the first three. Unfortunately, without any information on catch location, I'm not able to be more specific.

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
With the usual proviso about identyfing uaupesi-like species, i.e. that it's very tricky especially without any knowledge about their exact catch location, these fish look like A. lineata to me.

jeonghun

5 Year Member
With the usual proviso about identyfing uaupesi-like species, i.e. that it's very tricky especially without any knowledge about their exact catch location, these fish look like A. lineata to me.
Thanks, frank.
The collection site is known as the iniridea area, but it is not accurate. It is an object imported with Apistogramma, which is estimated to be d12 above. It was imported as the same species, but it is not accurate because the three types are mixed.

Apistogramma uaupesi like species
Apistogramma sp d12 like
Apistogramma megaptera

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
As for the D12-like fish: if they are from the Inirida area too, it's unlikely that they are A. cf. sp. D12 or A. sp. D36 (the catch locations of these two forms are known quite well). But whether or not your fish are the original D12 is impossible to tell for sure because the catch location of the latter is merely a matter of speculation (see the table above).

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….