• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ap. viejita or not??

cageman

5 Year Member
hello,
i'm new to this forum and really enjoyed reading the different threads.
i'm into the apistogramma cichlids for about two years now and absolutely love them. at this time I am the proud owner of a couple nijsseni, baenschi and as far as the shop where I bought them a couple of viejita. however,
i'm in doubt. I personally don't think they are viejita but macmasteri. can somebody help me with this??

ca7ffa36.jpg

greetings,

cageman

cageman

5 Year Member
no problem it's already oke that you are trying to help me. the fish are quite old already and fully mature, never knew they could grow to be so big,...
al least 9 cm, that's over 3,5 inch. I already have them for about two years and they were no juviniles anymore when I purchased them.

cageman

5 Year Member
this is the clearest picture I could take of the female I hope it helps!
I also have very bad news and it came as a shock to me, I found my male after two days missing dead in the intake of my filter. he was old an had a good life that is for sure but I really hate it. :frown:
eb513694.jpg

greetings,

Cageman

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….