• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A viejita

Rod

5 Year Member
Seems to me there are many hobbyists who can't tell the difference between
macmasteri and viejita

Is it possible to get special permission to post an image of a real A viejita on the cover page of this forum as a reference....99% of goggle images are incorrect identifications

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Maybe we could create a photo album in the media gallery for viejita photos

Rod

5 Year Member
There are very few images of the real viejita
And the best are owned by commercial interests who would need to give approval for their use

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
i love to see the difference as i don't know it you can send to me,thanks.
Do a search here. It's been described many times over the past few years. I even expanded my descriptions of the 2 species here, which I provided Cichlid Room Companion web site (with Rolo's kind permission to use his photos).

Rod

5 Year Member
2 of the 4 images on The Cichlid Room Companion don't look like viejita to me?
Rolo's images are
Same with images on fishbase

Would be nice to have an image that clears up all the misidentification of this species
The Datz image is the best.....IMO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….