• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Macmasteri

kichibo

5 Year Member
I seem to be unable to find a. hongsloi,even david soares is out, but I may be able to get a. macmasteri and/or Apistogramma sp. "Rotpunkt". Any one able to tell me anything about them? And I mean anything, I can't seem to google anything on them except they were closely related to honglsoi and in the right biotope. Spawning media, herem vs. pairs, agression, color forms and types, links to a few pics, I can't find many. I'm trying to decide between those 2 in place of the hongsloi in a 90 gallon orinoco with rams and tetra, maybe Boehlkea fredcochui, maybe Paracheirodon axelrodi, I haven't decided. Anything will help, thanks.

blueblue

5 Year Member
kichibo said:
I seem to be unable to find a. hongsloi,even david soares is out, but I may be able to get a. macmasteri and/or Apistogramma sp. "Rotpunkt". Any one able to tell me anything about them? And I mean anything, I can't seem to google anything on them except they were closely related to honglsoi and in the right biotope. Spawning media, herem vs. pairs, agression, color forms and types, links to a few pics, I can't find many. I'm trying to decide between those 2 in place of the hongsloi in a 90 gallon orinoco with rams and tetra, maybe Boehlkea fredcochui, maybe Paracheirodon axelrodi, I haven't decided. Anything will help, thanks.

Hello kichibo, if i were you, i would keep macmasteri as it is more beautiful... these two kinds of apistos are all easy to breed and keep. They are both strong, and can grow to a quite big size among apistos. I kept Rotpunkt only once and got the F1 within a week.. For macmasteri (or a mix with others), which is known as viejita in my local market, i have kept some for quite a while. It is a fish which deserves our attention. cheers - blue

My viejita:
http://forum.apistogramma.com/showthread.php?t=3096

My Rotpunkt:
http://aquariumfarm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12892

Riley

5 Year Member
Hey,

I would definately go with the macmasteri. I have a pair of these fish now, they are great. I am in the process of spawning them too. I have then in a 50 gallon planted tank. I only have a pair, i started out with 4 of the guys. The female killed off the other two for some reason. I would definately give em a shot.

Riley

mooman

5 Year Member
We've got honsloi here in Columbus. Store is called Aquarium Adventure. I brought a pair home and have free swimming fry three weeks later. It's a bit of a drive, but.... I would be willing to ship you some fry, but you'd have to wait (never something i've been good at when it comes to new apistos):)

ps I'm somewhat dissapointed in the colors on the male (they are not the hongsloi IIs). The vejita and macmasteri in my lfs look WAY better, so you might just want to go with those anyway.

kichibo

5 Year Member
Even if I go with the macmasteri, I may still want to get some hongsloi too. When the fry are ready, pm me here, and I'd love to take you up on the offer. I could actually drive to you and save shipping costs. You're about 2 hours away, and I could use the excuse to take off work! It'll be some time after the new year before the 90 gal main tank will ready, but I can have several 10's and 15's ready whenever. Thanks for the offer!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….