• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. iniridae

mordor

5 Year Member
Uwe Romer in CA1 claims that you need very acidic water for this apistos, probably pH between 5 and 5.5. On the other hand Mike Wise from SASCG said that he used to breed them in water with pH 6.5. I just got them two days ago and my water is 6.5-7.0, soft. I think they are too small to breed so I just wonder if they can live well in these conditions.

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
Dr. Romer is probably using information based on what he observed in the field, Mike is using what he has observed at home... Personally, I would trust the information Mike provided being that he has actaully raised them. But then again, and how many times have we seen it, what works for one person might not work for another. Who am I kidding, what worked for ME last week might not work for ME this week...Fish are funny that way... :?

Neil

Cichlid1,
I agree that Mike certainly is someone to heed. I also agree that replicating the results with these fish from aquarist to aquarist, or from week to week is challanging. If it weren't I wouldn't want to do it. I would spend all my time playing with my reef tanks.
Wild fish are more likely to respond better to conditions closer to their natural habitat, whereas captive bred are more likely to fair alright further away from these extremes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frankephex

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….