• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Iniridae

trev12

hello to all,

i have finally got one apisto ive always wanted to spawn. the a. iniridae.
i know the color is not their like other apistos but a challenge was what i was looking for and got.
They were a wild caught pair that i got from menagerie pet shop in toronto canada.
had them to start in soft water tds of 150 and ph of 6.5, nothing happened at these perameters but the male was aggressive to the female. then got the ph to 5.5 and the tds to 100 and no change. so we went to a ph of 5.0 and tds of 50. well no change. so i went lower to ph 4.5 and tds of 10 with 0 degrees of hardness. wow...
the female is now the boss and chasing the male around. this went on for a few days and then the female disappeared. then the largest fry count in apistos ive ever seen, 120 plus fry.
mother was a champ at looking after the large crowd. male stayed to the outer parimeters.
a few weeks later the fry are big enough to move and i moved them to a 10gal but filled it half with tank water from the parents and half with tap water not thinking at all of the ph and lost half the batch from my stupidity.......shoot. so i have 60 fry well on their way and about a cm long. there in a 40 breeder tank and sex ratio is still undetermind.
thanks
trev

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….