• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Cacatuoides "Gold"

M

malsponge

Hi, I'm new here and I recently got my first trio of apistos. I ordered them from Apistodave and decided one male and two female A. Cacatuoides "Gold".

I love the trio, but I have some questions/concerns. The two females rest on the bottom an awful lot. They can swim off the bottom but it seems that they have to put A LOT of effort into it, and always just sink back down after a time. The male or any of my other fish don't have this problem. Is this a problem with their swim bladders maybe?

Also, if anyone has any experience witht he gold colorform, what do the females look like? I ask because my two females are colored an awful lot like my bigger male. They are still pretty small though. Thanks for your time!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
It does seem that there may be problems with your females, but it might be physical or environmental stress. The gold form is still relatively new and is not the strongest strain out there. David has an excellent reputation for helping his customers. I strongly suggest discussing this with him.

M

malsponge

So dave thinks they are having swim bladder problems. I think I am going to have him send me two more females. Not sure what I am going to do about the two with problems. Just thought I'd post a the best pic I could get of my male. He's beautiful!

malegoldcropoz7.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanuhrei

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(