• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

10 day old rams

farm41

5 Year Member
woohoo!! My M. ramerezi are 10 days old now free swimming. I can already see the tiny little body shape and the ram shaped head. Got them in a 20L and I yanked mom and dad when they were wigglers. They are swimming the entire tank, at first free swimming stage they became spread out all through the tank. Now they are all schooled up and swimming about the tank.

I'm so excited. :D :D

Neil

Congrats Matt,
You are almost beyond the critical time. Usually if you get them past the first 2 weeks, you pretty much have it licked. Be careful with water changes. Don't use too much tap water for awhile yet.
Way to go on your success. I am sure there is more to come.
Neil

farm41

5 Year Member
I'm still just using 100% RO, just what the were laid in, and only 12% change every day.

I think I will stay with the 100% RO for awhile, don't want to take any chances.

How long should I wait before I start working in some tap?

Neil

How long should I wait before I start working in some tap?

You could start doing it now, but start with very small amounts and increase slowly. I would go above 10 to 20% until after a month or so. If you do a quarter tank water change with a quarter of it tap a couple times a week for the next few weeks, you should be OK. After about a month to 1.5, you can increase to 50% tap in 25-50% water changes.
Neil

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….