• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Search results

  1. J

    It’s finally happening

    I’m finally getting a trio of Ivanacara bimaculata in the coming weeks, set up a small grow out tank as they’re only 3cm currently to grow them in, then they’ll likely enter my main 48x24x24 Amazon tank for a few months while I get a separate 36x24x12 set up for them to live permanently The...
  2. J

    Mesonauta identification

    I have done a lot of reading and looking into them, so I’m quite glad we’ve all came to the same conclusion of “could be anything it’s not obvious” haha And definitely leaning towards diadema, so I work in the shop that I got it from and the other fish in store are definitely showing obvious...
  3. J

    Mesonauta identification

    I’ll be honest, I couldn’t tell you anything about their history They were unlabelled in a tank Oh there’s definitely a lot of undescribed species, but I imagine I’ve likely got some form of hybrid
  4. J

    Mesonauta identification

    I’m definitely leaning towards hybrid myself, the stress bars do not line up perfectly with any of the “common” species in the genus The aequidens were wild caught from a Colombian import, they were supposedly metae but there were definitely diadema in the batch, as well as superomaculatum I...
  5. J

    Mesonauta identification

    Picked up a pair of Mesonauta back in August, not actually labelled but guessing captive bred specimens I know they aren’t M.festivus, but based on the banding (light turned on suddenly to show bands on body) would I be correct to assume they’re M.insignis? One is roughly 3-4inch and the other...
  6. J

    Cacatuoides colour forms

    I have, I’ve also bred macmasteri and agassizii in both community and solo tanks I’ve got spare tanks to move fish out and separate male and female if/when needed I’m not actively trying to breed, I’m more interested in just the spawning behaviours in general
  7. J

    Cacatuoides colour forms

    So I ended up going for a double red pair, both are still quite small but very excited to see what they do in the future
  8. J

    Cacatuoides colour forms

    My WC eunotus, absolute devils that couldn’t even tolerate snails
  9. J

    Cacatuoides colour forms

    That orange is a beauty!
  10. J

    Cacatuoides colour forms

    I can get a few different locals and forms which is why I wanted to see I only really have one shot at importing so I want to see what I’d get
  11. J

    Cacatuoides colour forms

    I work in an aquatics shop so I luckily have access to a lot of lists haha I just have to suck up to get them
  12. J

    Cacatuoides colour forms

    Oh no I’m fully aware that sellers will name whatever they want, but just wanted to have an idea of what strains im looking at, more than likely I’ll just stick with a wild colour
  13. J

    Cacatuoides colour forms

    Going to be picking up a pair of cacatuoides soon, out of the apistos I’ve kept I’ve never actually kept these I know the difference between double and triple reds, but can anyone show me some photos of the colour forms they keep?
  14. J

    Ivanacara Bimaculata in the UK

    Yeah I was looking at I.adoketa but the potential for aggression is just too high to risk
  15. J

    Ivanacara Bimaculata in the UK

    So I actually work in a lfs that use them, currently on the list all I can see is adoketa
  16. J

    Ivanacara Bimaculata in the UK

    After countless days scouring the internet, forums and Reddit, I have come to the conclusion that bimaculata are non-existent in the UK. I’ve even checked multiple wholesale import lists to no avail I have found a French seller, and past sellers in Europe that no longer have them, however does...
  17. J

    Laetacara Dorsigera advice

    There’s no apistos in the tank, had quite a few different species over time now and fancied a change, so dipped my toes into Laetacara
  18. J

    Laetacara Dorsigera advice

    So an update, they have all been frequently out more They still swim and hide if I get close, however they are starting to come out if I stay still I believe that spawning behaviour may also be happening, as one is showing full breeding colours and sand has been cleared off one of the rocks in...
  19. J

    Laetacara Dorsigera advice

    So they were in the tank for 2 weeks prior to adding dither fish and corys, and still hadn’t really came out. I mean they’re eating, the times I do see them they show no signs of stress so maybe I just have to accept they’re a little avoidant Regarding the tank size and breeding, it’s not so...
  20. J

    Laetacara Dorsigera advice

    They’re roughly 1.5inch, temperature sits at 26C and the tank is a 60cm tall, so roughly 80L Tank was also cycled using pre-existing media from another tank, ammonia and nitrites reading 0, nitrates at 15ppm and pH sits around 6.5 Don’t get me wrong, the fish do come out but the moment I move...
Top