• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Search results

  1. J

    Aequidens identification

    It’s horrendous, a lot reclassified as andinoacara A whole lot of sp and sp af It’s a minefield
  2. J

    Aequidens identification

    It’s wrong catchment area for tetramerus, so wouldn’t expect that to be the case The orange flashing isn’t as vibrant as it looks in the photo, but is definitely visible I have seen confirmed diadema with the orange however, but let’s be honest, the entire genus is an absolute mess when it comes...
  3. J

    Aequidens identification

    I know, but worth trying metae is ruled out, as the lateral spot in continuous and the eye lacks the black diagonal lining The lack of red throat and darker scales would probably rule out tetramerus I’m leaning more between superomaculatum or diadema
  4. J

    Aequidens identification

    A few months back I picked up an Aequidens sp from a wild import labelled as metae There were a distinct mix of species, and I grabbed what I believed was A.diadema, however as times gone on I’m no longer sure, appreciate any help you could give
  5. J

    It’s finally happening

    I rotate a mix of foods weekly, also culturing black worm, daphnia and grindal worms at home, variety is the spice of life after all!
  6. J

    It’s finally happening

    Been 24 hours in my care, taken blackworm yesterday no problem, and have been eating hikari vibrates tonight I know they are a lot more common now than they used to be, but this is nearly 5 years of waiting and searching for this fish and to now own them is still amazing to me
  7. J

    It’s finally happening

    I’m actually weighing up a SEA trip in the coming years, a colleague is very into his gastromyzons and hill streams But yeah the world is definitely not the safest anymore, it’s a shame too!
  8. J

    It’s finally happening

    Tell me about it, it’s been a passion for 4 nearly 5 years now but sourcing them was next to impossible It’s a shame seeing them become so “common” but to finally have some is still incredible for me
  9. J

    It’s finally happening

    Very happy to say that they’re looking fantastic, a group of 12 available An absolute bucket list fish marked off
  10. J

    It’s finally happening

    They’re here
  11. J

    It’s finally happening

    To be fair plant wise, it’s not actually going to be planted as such Just the moss and the fern And it’s in a cupboard which is why I was running the lights less, as it’s not actually going to a viewable tank so was thinking of saving a bit of money My other tanks are all heavily heavily...
  12. J

    It’s finally happening

    Rock has been removed, and I’ve grabbed an extra piece of talawa wood to add more structure, also added in some bits of spider wood that has ferns attached, dumping a pit of flame moss in today after work too, lights will be running for 4 hours daily, and slowly adding more botanicals, including...
  13. J

    It’s finally happening

    See I’m hesitant to go for a full breeding project, as even though I’m after a pair eventually, the fact they’re siblings isn’t something I want to chase However I am already sourcing ‘new blood’ so to speak for the future
  14. J

    It’s finally happening

    In which way? Water parameters would be pretty much the same, I’m guessing in terms of physical habitat
  15. J

    It’s finally happening

    I actually have quite a lot of magnolia leaves myself, they’re incredibly useful aren’t they!
  16. J

    It’s finally happening

    Thank you, it’s definitely been a long time coming And I will be, I’ve got 2 back up plans if things do go sour, I know the current tank isn’t ideal for anything more than a few months at most
  17. J

    It’s finally happening

    To be honest, the rocks were just used as it’s what I had spare, all my wood pieces are huge, but rock is getting removed it’s in the West Midlands Uk, sedgley road aquarium im pretty thick skinned, advice is always welcomed! I have a ton of seed pods, savu and cappucia that I’m boiling so...
  18. J

    It’s finally happening

    That’s a valid point, Ill swap out for some slate I have instead
  19. J

    It’s finally happening

    I have the benefit of working in a shop where we’re holding a group, so I’ll be able to choose from 13 individuals
  20. J

    It’s finally happening

    Oh no it’s a small tank indeed, it’s purely a temporary holding tank with a much bigger tank to move on into and eventually a separate tank for themselves, but the opportunity of getting a trio for £15 presented itself I’m using RO water so the rock won’t be a problem really, I’ll just account...
Top