• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Search results

  1. martin_c

    PH in rainy season

    Hi all, i know there are some people in this forum who have been to the amazon a lot, and also people who haven't but are smart anyway ;) Could somebody tell me if during rainy season the PH in rio negro and other south american black water streams actually goes up or down? I always thought the...
  2. martin_c

    Reptile substrates for biotope beds?

    Interesting product. I was looking for something like this a while ago. Would love some pictures when you'll have it all set up.
  3. martin_c

    Reptile substrates for biotope beds?

    When i was keeping wild bettas, i used peat fibre mixture (availbe e.g. at drak.de if you happen to live in europe) to resemble a submerged forest ground, plus some crumbled (while still dry) leaves and delicate peaces / splinters of moorkien wood.
  4. martin_c

    Most metallic blue Apistogramma

    Does it have to be Apistogramma? Male Nannacara anomala have an awesome metallic look.
  5. martin_c

    Nanochromis splendens

    hi, if you don't have the capacity to even keep them, why would you breed them?
  6. martin_c

    Stocking with Panduro pair

    hi, i got all my tanks lid, too, but also have emersed plants in all my tanks. If you can get cables for heaters and stuff threw the lid, you can also get e.g. a stem of an Epipremnum threw it ;)
  7. martin_c

    Apisto Wilhelmi or Abacaxis

    I guess you're right, and i believe that it's a lot of work. I just wonder about the priorities. For example Apistogramma flavipedunculata was already described even though it's new in the hobby (afaik) and only few people have ever seen it in real live.
  8. martin_c

    Apisto Wilhelmi or Abacaxis

    I wonder why it still hasn't been scientifically described yet despite being a popular species for a long time now.
  9. martin_c

    how to deworm wild caught discus

    Hi, I've been wondering about this too, since i joined the discus keepers. Just like you i couldn't understand why they would need higher temperatures than other species from the same area. But since there are people like Heiko Bleher or Oliver Lukanus reporting them living in average...
  10. martin_c

    Shrimp

    For blackwater there's also Euryrhynchus amazoniensis. But unfortunately it's not a species to look at, since they are nocturnal and very elusive. Even when i had them in a smaller tank for themselves, i could only see them at night with a flashlight. I think of them as a substitute for snails...
  11. martin_c

    blackwater tank cycling?

    I'm in the same boat, i've also got Epipremnum across an entire wall, with dedicated lighting installed, and thereby no measurable nitrate/phosphate in the tank. I always wonder why i actually should do water changes at all, i guess i just want to be a good boy ;) My point was: when doing water...
  12. martin_c

    blackwater tank cycling?

    I reset the composition of solved salts from <i dont really know what> to <what the backside of sera mineral salt says>. At least 66% of it. Oh, and theoretically i could do it the other way around, first decrease it to 5 and then increase to 15, but that seems risky.
  13. martin_c

    blackwater tank cycling?

    hey @all, i don’t mean to high jack this interesting thread. Since it became about maintaining large real black water tanks, i'd like to bring to the table another way of maintaining those, which i'm practising with my 450L tank for about ~1 year. In other forums i wouldn't tell this, because...
  14. martin_c

    Copella vilmae for free

    Can be closed. They are at the local store now.
  15. martin_c

    Some Apistogrammas from Peru...

    In this video by Oliver Lukanus at 5:24 there seems to be a female (in the background) because there's also a smaller but way more masculine looking specimen also in the video:
  16. martin_c

    Apistogramma ID needed. Maybe Velifera?

    I've been looking out for Fluviphylax species since a long time, but unfortunately they never appear on the european market. I wonder why that is. I think they would be a great little surface fish in a south america biotope tank.
  17. martin_c

    Copella vilmae for free

    @MacZ Yea, i know what you mean. Just last week i gave some offspring of A. diplotaenia and Betta persephone to Unter-Wasser-Freiburg because of the same reasons (in AKZ there was no demand for the diplos). I chose that store because i think there they are in good hands and also quickly find...
  18. martin_c

    Copella vilmae for free

    @MacZ Thanks for the advice. You're right, i could just give them to the local store. I was hoping that here i find someone who would really appreciate them though.
  19. martin_c

    Copella vilmae for free

    Hello, I'd like to give away 4 Copella vilmae (3 male, 1 female) for free, asasp. They are beautiful. I'll try to post a video later today. I can send them within Germany, but that would be €50. I have them in 450L currently, but the level of aggression by the males not only to the same species...
Top