• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Taeniacara candidi

gan

5 Year Member
Male
normal_t_candidi_13.jpg

normal_t_candidi_14.jpg

Female
normal_t_candidi_08.jpg

normal_t_candidi_16.jpg

bacarospo

5 Year Member
Nice fishes Gan. They seem very healty!
What about water chemistry? That couple spawned recently?
(first two photos show juveniles behind male?)

Fatts

5 Year Member
Your female appears to have a yellow tint. Is she in breeding form (or is it just the lighting)? The reason that I ask, my females all turn a bright lemon yellow when they have free swimming fry. I was hoping that someone else has seen the same thing.

gan

5 Year Member
bacarospo said:
Nice fishes Gan. They seem very healty!
Thanks

bacarospo said:
What about water chemistry?
pH~6, GH <1dH, KH <1dH, T 25-26C [75-77F] (june/july ~28C [83F]). Water 100% RO.

bacarospo said:
That couple spawned recently? (first two photos show juveniles behind male?)
This was first time. Tank 50x40x35cm [20x16x14"]. No other fishes. Water changes - weekly 20-25%. Lots of java-moss, a bit of algae ;-).

Juveniles ~1month
normal_t_candidi_04.jpg

~2months 10-12mm [0.4-0.5"]
normal_t_candidi_10.jpg

~2,5months 14-16mm [~0.6"]
normal_t_candidi_17.jpg

Fatts said:
(or is it just the lighting)? The reason that I ask, my females all turn a bright lemon yellow when they have free swimming fry.
I'm not sure now - next time I'll be more attentive. This photo was made 2006-07-29 about 5 weeks after spawning.
HERE yuo can find more photos.

gan

5 Year Member
Ask - I'll answer if I can.
I use granulated peat, but not to much - 200ml [12inch^3 - I'm not sure what unit would be best in US :) ] 1 time/~3months.

GAN

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….