• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Jwitho's latest activity

  • J
    Jwitho replied to the thread Atahualupa experience.
    Group of 12 N.eques added, the Hyphessobrycon will soon be removed too as the spawning attempts are not successful
    • IMG_8754.jpeg
  • J
    Jwitho replied to the thread Atahualupa experience.
    After doing a lot looking into each species, I do think N.eques is the fish I’ll go with N.sp amaya will eventually have its own tank...
    • IMG_8724.jpeg
  • J
    Jwitho reacted to anewbie's post in the thread Atahualupa experience with Like Like.
    red form n. equeus are truly lovely but i've only seen pictures and there is a red form of uni again i've only seen pictures - i don't...
  • J
    Jwitho replied to the thread Atahualupa experience.
    N.espei were another top of my list but I don’t know if I can justify spending the money on them May just go with N.eques, I did have a...
  • J
    Jwitho reacted to anewbie's post in the thread Atahualupa experience with Like Like.
    Lots of differences - i find n. eques and n. epesi (quite lovely) hand near the top and are more mellow, n. margarita use the full water...
  • J
    Jwitho replied to the thread Atahualupa experience.
    So I’m considering dithers, currently there’s a group of 8 Hyphessobrycon procyon, but I would like eventually to add a Nannostomus...
  • J
    Jwitho replied to the thread Atahualupa experience.
    I can see it in the fins and general shape But the yellow and black striping on the males ventral fins are a definite trait of allpahuayo
  • J
    Jwitho reacted to KenL's post in the thread Atahualupa experience with Like Like.
    Very cacatuoides like to my eye.
  • J
    Jwitho replied to the thread Atahualupa experience.
    Tank has been scaped and there’s no doubt these are A.allpahauyo now Still incredibly beautiful fish
    • IMG_8702.jpeg
    • IMG_8703.jpeg
    • IMG_8705.jpeg
  • J
    Jwitho replied to the thread Atahualupa experience.
    Yeah you’re 100% correct thank you for the ID clarification
  • J
    Jwitho reacted to Frank Hättich's post in the thread Atahualupa experience with Like Like.
    A look at the black-and-yellow striped ventral fins alone is sufficient to know that it's for sure the yellow form of A. allpahuayo.
  • J
    Jwitho replied to the thread Atahualupa experience.
    On closer inspection you both could actually be right In store, the male did show less yellow on the body and a yellow throat typical of...
  • J
    Jwitho replied to the thread Atahualupa experience.
    Incredibly beautiful fish
    • IMG_8657.jpeg
    • IMG_8656.jpeg
  • J
    Jwitho replied to the thread Atahualupa experience.
    Thank you both of you, I’ll stop using these now The atahuapla are in the tank now, male is going to be an absolute stunner in the...
  • J
    Jwitho reacted to anewbie's post in the thread Atahualupa experience with Like Like.
    And nothing beats 'aquarium' salt. You can buy 50 lb agricultural salt for around $0.25 a lb or pay $8 for 33 oz of api rock salt...
Top