• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

anewbie's latest activity

  • A
    This is one of 8 junior tetra i've had for 3 1/2 months and only this one had something weird on its fins - I can't tell when it...
    • tetra.jpg
  • A
    anewbie reacted to Chromedome's post in the thread Mislabeled as Laetacara curviceps? with Like Like.
    It is not any Andinoacara. The blotch on the upper caudal peduncle does not occur on any species of that genus. I believe OP was on the...
  • A
    anewbie replied to the thread Parasite, or something else?.
    I've had several 'carriers' where the fish will have something that it is immune to but others are not. I've heard that some of the...
  • A
    anewbie replied to the thread Setting up a low TDS aquarium.
    The question around target tds depends upon the target species. Some species of fishes require mineral in the water others do not and...
  • A
    anewbie replied to the thread Atahualupa experience.
    Yes of course my spelling is always a bit wonky. Been that way since i took spelling in first grade; obviously it never stuck....
  • A
    anewbie reacted to Jwitho's post in the thread Atahualupa experience with Like Like.
    After doing a lot looking into each species, I do think N.eques is the fish I’ll go with N.sp amaya will eventually have its own tank...
  • A
    anewbie replied to the thread n. eques.
    Sigh so I moved them tuesday morning @MacZ and it is now thursday afternoon. One big problem with the move is simply finding them...
    • eee1.jpg
    • eee3.jpg
    • eee4.jpg
    • eee5.jpg
  • A
    anewbie replied to the thread Atahualupa experience.
    red form n. equeus are truly lovely but i've only seen pictures and there is a red form of uni again i've only seen pictures - i don't...
  • A
    anewbie reacted to Jwitho's post in the thread Atahualupa experience with Like Like.
    N.espei were another top of my list but I don’t know if I can justify spending the money on them May just go with N.eques, I did have a...
  • A
    anewbie replied to the thread Atahualupa experience.
    Lots of differences - i find n. eques and n. epesi (quite lovely) hand near the top and are more mellow, n. margarita use the full water...
  • A
    anewbie replied to the thread Parasite, or something else?.
    That part (lethargy) might be unrelated or the cause of his scrape. Unfortunately i'll have to let someone else chime in on that issue...
  • A
    anewbie replied to the thread Parasite, or something else?.
    to my eye it looks closer to a touch of fungus which can be ignored. Perhaps he scrape himself or got a bit of plant matter around the...
  • A
    There is an Andinoacara sp. “Orinoco” that is really spectacular looking and just maybe it won't terrorize the neighborhood :)
  • A
    anewbie replied to the thread n. eques.
    I just hadn't seen red before i wasn't claiming they will special. I guess i can net a bunch of the eques and move them over the bluketa...
  • A
    You mean it is going to be a green terror and destroy everything ?
Top