• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma spawnigs places

SawaX

Hi there!

Is there any list with species of Apisto divided by place of spawning?

I would like to arrange a tank with 2-3 different species but I would like to take ones with separate spawning places :)

If one does not exist, maybe you could give me some examples of them spawning in the other place than "caves"

Regards
SawaX

MacZ

All are cave spawners and if provided they will use those. Other spawning places are anecdotal and even if documented usually either the result of the absence of caves or pure chance.

More than one species in the same tank with females is risky business.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….