• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New profile posts

Well I was right the second female was carrying and she laid her eggs last night and they are pink! Hoping that she can produce
Well my eggs got fungus but the other female is carrying so fingers crossed. The original mother moved from under the log to under a rock!
Pretty sure I have eggs! Females belly is smaller and she’s VERY territorial, much more than before.
Well Earl seems to have taken a liking to the larger of the 2 females I think it’s only a matter of time, they displaying some flirtyness
Have you decided to use leaves for your tanks? From what I have read Oak seems to be a good choice maybe not as good as Catappa but close plus cannot beat the cost FREE!! Where I live Oaks are everywhere, once fall gets here I will get a bunch since right now most of the leaves have been on the ground all year figured I would wait and get fresh as they fall.
The Borellii laid again about a couple of days ago, I kept 5 fry from 4/18 and there still only about 1/2" - 3/4" long, got some Hongsloi and agassizii and cockatoo male orange flash came in dead and the male agassizii also, the Hongsloi I'll try to breed them in a couple of weeks.
Seem to be following you around how are the Borelli's doing?? The fry from the Orange Flash pr I have are growing but you were not kidding slow is almost to fast. By next week I will have 10prs of apisto's hopefully we can trade at somepoint.
Norman
Hi Mike,
Is your mailbox full? I'm trying to send you emails, but I'm only receiving delivery error messages!
My guess is that they're domestic. Your present water values should be fine, although I would lower the conductivity a bit.
Mike, I have 5 mail Hongsloi males bought at club auction, I have females arriving tomarrow. I already bough 1 female. I Need some suggestions or secrets to get themn to breed. The males are Lovely and would like to perpetuate their genes. I have bred other species. Perameters at around 60 on conductivity, ph around 6.5 sand with Oak leaf tanins and peat moss. thanks, chris
Haven't had A. sp. Cruzeiro for about 5 years now. I'd be interested. How big/old are they. Any chance you have juveniles, too? Do you have photos of the male? Contact me at [email protected]
Hi Johnny, I don't breed apistos for re-sale. I normally trade fish for fish. I only keep fish that aren't found in the commercial trade
Hello Mike, I have recently moved to Denver too and wondered if you have any species for sale - particularly Cacatuoides?
Mike Wise
Mike Wise
Sorry, the only apistos I have now for sale/trade are A. wolli and A. sp. (aff. luelingi) Cristal. I haven't kept common apistos for a while lately.
Always interested in sources of dwarf cichlids. I suggest you list species & prices on the forum for all to see.
Hi, Mike.
We are a company of Amazonian ornamental fish and we have many species of Apistogrammas.
I would like to offer on this forum. Are you interested?