• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

White stringy feaces Macmasteri

Logic

Hi guys i just joined in hopes of getting help for my Macmasteri.
Roughly a week ago I replaced my co2 cylinder and somehow bumped the timer which I didnt realise untill i got home from work the next day which was obviuosly pretty rough for all the fish overnight. They were all at the top gasping and obviously in distress. I quickly turned co2 off airrated the water while I did a quick 40% emergency water change. They all improved immediately except the Mac hasnt recovered 100% since then. He looked better but has still been breathing heavily since and last few days ive noticed a white stringy feaces trailing from him and colour isnt as vibrant. Before this incident he hasnt shown any sign of distress and recently bred with the female. He still eats and is definitely interested in food. He still displays to the female but I know hes not happy and i fear he could go down quickly if i dont do something soon. Could it be the stress from the lack of oxygen has triggered a intestinal bug or pathogen he was already carrying? Or maybe just added to his stress if he already had this and i didnt know? I feed him Sera flake and occasionally bloodworm could that be a problem? Water parameters are all good now. Only got a couple of pics where you can sort off see the white stringy poo. Please let me know what you think. Would be much appreciated! Very attached to this little dude.

Attachments

• 20160713_202506.jpg
    20160713_202506.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 360
  • 20160713_202541.jpg
    20160713_202541.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 439

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….