• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What species of apistogramma is this fish ?

anewbie

What species is this fish; what are the care requirements (does it require black water or perfectly happy with medium soft); and is it aggressive or passive female not ready to breed (i presume it is harem breeder) ?

Thanks - pretty fish just not sure of the basic personality or care requirements.

unknown.png

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
It's an alacrina-complex species, most likely one of the A. cf. alacrina forms. They are found in a large area from the Rio Guaviare in the north to Rio Napo and Rio Putumayo in the south. Most should be ok with medium soft and slightly acidic water. They are generally less aggressive. Males will breed with more than one female if they have the chance to do so, but they are not what is usually regarded as polygamous species. Depending on the size of the tank. I would keep them in pairs or in groups of several males and females.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….