• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is this - clear cyst on fish?

anewbie

This is my male bloated hongsloi that i had been treating in a pail. He is no longer being treated but remains in the pail. Last week he has started eating with a healthy appetite. I figure as long as he eats and seems ok i'll give him a bit more time in case he can recover. He has adjusted to the pail and swims to the top when hungry else remains near the bottom. Today i noticed something that looks like a water cyst of some sort. At first I thought it might be a parasite but i see no indication of such and it looks like clear fluid. Has anyone seen this before?

The fish is a bit over 1 year old (purchased at 1/4 of an inch); he bloated up about 6 weeks ago and stopped eating for about 3 or 4 weeks. Other than the bloat and a bit pale he shows no other ill signs; swims well; eats; hates visitors... swims to the top when he wants to be fed; not skittish of myself...

x1.jpg

MacZ

That's the connective tissue giving in to the pressure of liquid building up inside the fish. Probably time to end the fishes suffering. After six weeks the kidneys are likely beyond repair.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….