• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Water change with apisto eggs

Ajlythgoe

Hi everyone

My A.agassizii double red has eggs in her cave. She is in a 110l tank with another female and the male and 10 dither fish. When will be the best time to start doing water changes again and when would you advise to take male and other female out or could I leave them in the tank with the fry if there is enough hiding places for the fry. Any help would be much appreciated.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I continue with water changes whether or not there are eggs. It doesn't affect them in my experience (if the water values are the same as those in the tank). I wouldn't bother with trying to remove the other fish in your size of tank. What species are the dither fish? Non-predatory towards fry, I hope.

Ajlythgoe

They are dwarf rasbora so I should be alright. I think I'll just do 10% Water changes as my tap water has a high ph and I've lowered the ph in the tank with peat and leaf litter so I don't wanna change that too much. Thanks for the advice about the other male and female. Any more advice would be great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonaldStype

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….