• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wanting to trade A. trifasciata pr.s for pairs of other Apistos

Apistomaster

5 Year Member
I have a few young spare Apistogramma trifasciata spawning pairs I am willing to trade for other pairs of Apistos. I will trade trios for trios.
I mainly want popular and colorful species/forms.
I am open to more Fire Red A. agassizi and A. agassizi Tefe.
Opal A. borelli. A. hongsloi Super Rostriche, A. erythura and others. Let's talk and see what we can do. Not interested in Nannacara spp, West Africans, Rams or Dicrossus. The only A. cacatuoides morph I am interested in is the White/Gold morph.
Not the best time of the year to be mailing them but I use heat packs and extremely high quality insulated shipping kits. Have to pack for 2nd day delivery from my end but am willing to pay for the difference if you can use an overnight carrier. We have to agree on suitability of weather at time of shipping. Probably only practical during the next 3 weeks.
I can offer L134 Leopard Frog Plecos(L134) and Yellow/Brown morph of Hypancistrus L333 but I cannot guarantee live arrival as they are less tolerant to chilling than many Apistos.
1 L134, 2-1/2+"=$45 in trade.
1 L333, 2-1/2+"=$30 in trade.
All Plecos are my F1's. No one can sex these plecos at this size.
My boxes are new =$10 No charge for the heat pack.

Apistomaster

5 Year Member
I was able to get a trade arranged for some A. hongsloi Super Rostriche for which I am grateful, but due to the lateness of the season, I think it is best for me to not attempt to acquire any other species via mail until next spring.
I will have a good supply of large specimens of F1 species of the fancy plecos and plenty of A. trifasciata pairs, some other Apistos, Corydoras hastatus and Simpsonichthys boitonei. I am also hoping to have some other Killiefish by next spring, Scriptaphyosemion etzeli and the red and blue-green form of Scriptaphyosemion geryi. They are a prettier color variant(IMO) than the more common Scriptaphyosemion geryi "Guniea".
If I am lucky I might even have F2 Symphysondon haraldi "Nhamunda Blue Discus".
Because of their small size and shyness, I could not take a very good photo of the Simpsonichthys boitonei I am breeding but this does show how pretty this Killiefish is.
SBoitoineiSmall.jpg

jose_vogel

5 Year Member
If you want, I can give you a lot of A. borellii "Opal" anytime (with "Opal" you mean the ones with a lot of red in the face, I think).

Just send me a PM when you´ll decide.

Apistomaster

5 Year Member
If you want, I can give you a lot of A. borellii "Opal" anytime (with "Opal" you mean the ones with a lot of red in the face, I think).

Just send me a PM when you´ll decide.

Hi Jose,
Mucho gracias.
Opals to me are A. borelli where the males have solid blue bodies and yes, most have considerable red facial markings. I will definitely keep you in mind but will wait until next spring. It is just turning too cool, too fast to risk mailing more fish. From here through next March I will only acquire any new fish which can be shipped overnight w/heat packs.
I have quite a few good projects going and only want a small number of new fish.
I want more wild H. zebra, some Ancistrus claro, a couple more Apistogramma species and some F1 Red Spotted Green Discus. Those will be about all I can add to my breeding projects and still take good care of them all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….