• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

to the germans?

fishgeek

anyone have any personal experience with using flubendazol

and probably more importantly anyone have any refrenced literature about this medication in fish

thanks
andrew

fishgeek

i was actually after some other opinions
does anyone know what charles harrisons phd is in?

some of the claims on the flubenol web site are in my opinion not logical and i can not get any supporting evidence for them, i accept that is part of normal promotion for most products

flubendazol i understand chemically as far as the group of medications it comes from , and it should be a useful wormer along with others from that group of medications
i was under the impression that flubendazol had been more readily available in europe and was just looking for other opinions as i can not find much scientifically evaluated evidence

thanks for helping though

paul_fox

5 Year Member
Ive merely suggested a med thats widely available in the uk from a number of people and companies and has been for a while, Ive never mentioned on here before, not my fault if you are trying to pick holes in it and question it when you have never ever used it :wink:

RiC

5 Year Member
Andrew,
As far as I can remember, Harrison's PhD is in physical chemistry. I might be wrong, someone else coud confirm :wink:

Noddy65

5 Year Member
Andrew
Flubendazole is available in New Zealand as well...you might try some of the NZ local forums. I dont know of any but Im sure Google would help.

Its mainly a stock wormer (Im assuming sheep, being NZ) but Im sure the local fish guys would use it as well.

Mike

Refael Hdr.

5 Year Member
I have a good experience using Flubendazole on Discus and wild Apistos, Corys, Loricariidaes and many more fishes, mostly as a preventive treatment but also for internal parasites eruption cases...

fishgeek

charles harrisons last statement
"While none of the experiments mentioned in this article were performed underscientifically controlled conditions, I believe the results certainly warrant such an investigation. "

and that is what i am after
i have seen ancedotal evidence
i understand the group of medications and agree that in my hands in mammals they are useful against nematodes and protozoa

the only scientific papers i can find suggest they dont work against protozoa in fish , though this maybe to do with dose, route of administration, water parameters
i just wish to understand fully why things may or may not work

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….