• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thinking of adding some apistogrammas to my tank

Alison

Hi everyone,
I have an established community tank - 900 litres, Planted with lots of anubias and with bog wood and caves. There are a group of clown plecs, a few cories, a few loaches, loads of tetras, a few barbs and some swordtails. There is a single kribensis and I will be adding a pair of red breast acara when they grow big enough.

Just wondering which apistos would be suitable for my setup? It is moderately hard water, pH about 7.2 and temp about 25.

There is some free swimming area at the rear of the tank - 4ft x 4 ft x 2ft.

Or other dwarf cichlids posssibly ?

20170130_161656.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Any clear- or whitewater species should be fine. Just realize that there will be 'communication conflicts' between South American cichlids and your Pelvicachromis.

Alison

Thanks - I am hoping that the amount of space and aquascaping will mean they don't need to try and communicate too often !

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….